Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Jumping on the Bar Cart Bandwagon



I've done it!  
Because I can do it now.  
Because we are empty nesters with adult children!
(Trying to find the bright side of that...)

I have jumped on the Bar Cart Bandwagon.  
And it's kind of fun!

I have been collecting bar cart ideas on Pinterest. 
You can see them all here.

I like this one



And this one 




And I love this idea to re-use a wardrobe as a bar!




But, alas, I only have a small slip of a space for my bar cart
and a very small "cart"  
so this is where I put it.





It's opposite the island in my new kitchen 
(which you can see here)



I'm hoping the new layout will give us a better traffic pattern when we entertain.
I can set up drinks or a buffet on the island 
and keep the crowd out of the work space.
Well, I can hope...

I added the wreath for the Holidays, but I may keep one there year round.
Here it is before the wreath...



And after...




Mr. Grand likes a little whiskey 
and so I thought I'd make things easier for him.



Still need to add some wine bottles and wine some glasses below  
but I'm a little nervous about our crazy dog 
tearing around the corner to greet our guests 
and crashing into things.
We may be empty nesters, but we still have Burly to think about...




I added these sparkly lights to my Mom's opalescent pitcher, 
one of my favorite things.



And this ice bucket that I scored on ebay...




And these pretty starry glasses.




Everything is very handy now 
and ready for the Holidays!



Cheers!
Happy Thanksgiving!


Linking to:
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I like the bar very much. The wreath really adds the perfect touch. I vote for one year round! As always, nice work. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just grand . . . says it all . . .
    Happy Thanksgiving Erin . . .

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated!
Thank you so much!