Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Chicken Tortellini Salad Supreme




Chicken Tortellini Salad Supreme



That's a snazzy name.
I had to come up with something worthy of this salad.

We had a picnic dinner on the beach Saturday night with friends
and I made this salad.
It's a perfect picnic salad.
You can make it ahead and it's very portable.

Here's the recipe:

1 package Buitoni (or your favorite) tortellini, cooked al dente
1 cup (or to taste) of Cardini's Aged Parmesan Ranch Dressing 
(or your favorite Ranch Dressing)
1 can large olives, drained and cut in half
1 small bag or 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted (5 minutes at 325*)
1 bag frozen broccoli florets, cooked (microwave covered on a plate for 5 minutes)
1 container cherry tomatoes, cut in half
3 whole chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
(I grill marinated breasts and chill before chopping up)

Toss all ingredients in a large serving bowl and chill for several hours.

I like to cook the tortellini and the chicken and broccoli ahead 
and I chill all of the ingredients before tossing it together. 


I served it with slices of fresh watermelon. 
And some wine...


Savor Summer 
and 
Enjoy!






Linking to:
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style




Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious and perfect for summer - pinning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Sounds delicious and easy! Perfect for a summer meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds Just*Grand . . .
    Yum . . . I am saving and savoring this . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally inspired me. I read your post this morning and am making something similar for dinner tonight. I picked up the ingredients this afternoon. That's what I love about reading blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful! I love different salads for summer!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated!
Thank you so much!